This role is targeted at individuals with an advanced degree (MBA or PhD or MD) and two to five years of work experience within a life science or healthcare company and/or management consulting, executive search or investment banking.
Perspective Group is seeking Associates to guide executive search, consulting and business development projects. The Associate will work as a team member with the Consultants, Analysts and Executive Assistants. This is a professional path to a Consulting role and as such, Perspective group will work closely with the Associate to train him/her in executive search and human capital consulting. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the research function and the Analyst team conducting this work. He/she will set out the strategy and priorities for this work and ensure it is being provided in a manner that optimizes the delivery of all the business development and human capital management projects. Areas of oversite would include tracking life sciences industry trends, including news related to technical innovations, clinical and product developments, mergers and acquisitions, VC and PE financings, initial public offerings, executive hires and transitions, etc.
- Leading the preparation for business development meetings, including industry segment and company analysis and preparing client-ready materials. Participation in these face-to-face client interactions as appropriate for development.
- Leading the preparation and delivery of “white papers” and thought pieces and/or the content of our “Perspective ForumTM” meetings. Topics will include industry trends, talent management issues, compensation reports, etc.
- Leading the identification, outreach and communications with potential candidates and sources for ongoing executive searches.
- Leading the preparation of various reports and findings with regard to executive assessment, cultural assessment and professional development services.
- Leading the assessment of research and reporting infrastructure, rationalizing and optimizing the use of databases and ensuring the Analyst team appropriately accesses and leverages this information for the benefit of the firm.
- Lead efforts to monitor and investigate the strategic and competitive landscape with regard to executive search and human capital management trends in an effort to continually optimize our offerings and services.
Ideal Candidate Experience and Attributes
- Cultural fit is the top priority within our growing organization. We look for individuals who are intellectually curious, passionate about healthcare, tenacious workers but with a good sense of humor, balance and priorities in their life.
- This role uniquely combines the need to be equally knowledgeable with regards to both the business dynamics and the human capital that drives the healthcare industry. As such, he/she will be a strong at conceptual reasoning and be able to digest a large amount of data and draw clear conclusions. We are in the business of advising our clients in all things “human capital” and as such, it is critical that this individual be a gifted and credible written and verbal communicator.
- Perspective Group interacts on a daily with the senior most executives, CEOs and board directors of leading life science and healthcare entities informing organizational design, development and human capital management. As such, this is a highly competitive position and academic excellence and relevant work experience that brings confidence and credibility in this setting will be essential.
- An advanced degree, MBA, PhD and/or MD, is required from a leading academic institute.
- Prior experience as an analyst or associate in management consulting, investment banking or professional services would be highly valued. Candidates appropriate for this role will likely be qualified for and/or evaluating roles within these types of entities. The degree of strategic and operational analysis we employ is akin to what is required in this role but targeted at informing an organizations most important asset… human capital.
- Highly motivated, proactive, self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team-based culture. Will have an innate sense of urgency, commitment and responsibility to meet project timelines. Takes initiative to stay ahead of the curve and exceed expectations.
- We work in two industries going through significant change, healthcare and executive search. Individuals who can discern the implications of these trends and are creative thinkers with regard to both strategic and operational issues will be valued.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation. Must have time management skills.
- Flexible and able to deal with diverse assignments and expectations.
- Intelligent, mature, ability to take constructive feedback.
Compensation is very competitive and on par with roles within the leading management consulting and/or investment banks.
To apply, or for additional information, please contact Sara DeAmicis at email@example.com or 617-401-3122 or 617-320-6232.